The steering and suspension of your vehicle is critical for safe handling and a smooth ride. These two systems work in tandem to effectively provide direction, stability and traction for your vehicle when you’re on the road.
Normal wear and tear from potholes, bumps or uneven terrain can take its toll on any vehicle. Shocks, struts, control arms, ball joints, stabilizer bars, tie rods and the rest of these two systems wear down and weaken over time. It’s important to notice how your vehicle responds to the environment it is riding on.
JW Auto Centers recommends regular inspection of all steering and suspension components to ensure proper functionality and a smooth ride regardless of where you’re driving.
- If your vehicle is excessively bumpy when riding on rough terrain
- Unusual noise on rough terrain, bumps or potholes
- Vehicle vibration regardless of speed
- Car drifting in either direction when attempting to drive in a straight line
- Crooked steering wheel when driving straight
- Any form of uneven tire wear
- Unexpected noise related to steering your vehicle
- Any sense of the vehicle “feeling loose” or swaying while driving
Certified technicians at JW Auto Centers are willing to offer consultation on any issue you might notice while you are driving. To avoid discomfort while you drive and to stay away from severe situations that could cause harm to yourself or others, plan for and schedule regular steering and suspension maintenance with one of our technicians today.